FAQs about HypnoBirthing
Below you will find answer to the most common questions we receive about HypnoBirthing. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
HypnoBirthing is a positive and empowering program that fully prepares a mother to be and her birthing partner for the birth of their child. It encompasses deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, visualisation and special breathing techniques that assist labour and birth in a natural way. With HypnoBirthing it is believed that all mothers should experience a gentle, satisfying birth for themselves and their baby.
HypnoBirthing will empower you to use your birthing energy wisely. You will learn how to fully relax your mind and body, so that nature can do what it needs to do to give birth. By releasing any birthing fears and tensions, we allow our bodies to perform smoothly and effectively during the birthing process.
- Eliminates the ‘Fear – Tension – Pain’ birthing syndrome.
- Reduces the need for medical interventions.
- Lessens fatigue during labour and can shorten the birth.
- Creates a special bonding experience for the mother, child and birthing partner.
- The special breathing techniques can bring a wonderful calmness to all aspects of the birth.
- Birthing is returned to the safe, beautiful and peaceful experience that Nature intended.
The course has 5 units:
- Unit 1 – Building a Positive Expectancy – Understanding how we can assist, rather than hinder our bodies on a physical, mental and emotional level during all aspects of pregnancy and birthing.
- Unit 2 – Falling in Love with your Baby – Learning deep relaxation breathing and baby massage techniques.
- Unit 3 – Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby – Preparing a Birthing Preference or Birthing Plan. Releasing any negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts regarding birthing.
- Unit 4 – A Labour of Love – How to manage labour and effective prompts and activities for your birthing partner. Helping to protect the natural birthing experience.
- Unit 5 – Breathing Love – Bringing Life – Welcoming your baby into the world; bonding with your baby, breastfeeding and nurturing.